A perfect cake to celebrate summers is here! It is a really refreshing cake that is filled with the goodness of blueberries and lemon. This is a match made in heaven. What’s more interesting is the cake recipe to bake this delicious cake. You will enjoy baking this oh-so-yummy Blueberry Lemon cake, and the recipe is super easy as well. The cake is topped with lemon cream cheese frosting that is going to take your taste buds to a whole new level. So, without any further delay, let’s get started with the cake recipe.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup canola oil or use vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries tossed in ½ tbsp flour
- 1 ¼ cups granulated white sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 6 tbsps milk
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1 cup whisked plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- ¾ up fresh blueberries
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- 12 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 – 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tsps lemon zest
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsps lemon juice use fresh
Recipe / Instructions
- In a container whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Put it aside.
- Make blueberry yogurt by adding whisked plain yogurt, 1 tbsp sugar and blueberries. Mix till everything is all joined. Put it aside.
- Utilizing your hand blender, beat oil and sugar till joined. Now include vanilla extract and blend.
- Pour the readied blueberry yogurt and mix to join.
- Add the flour blend in three sections, alternately with milk and beginning and ending with flour. Don’t over-blend.
- Add new blueberries in ½ tbsp flour and afterward overlap them into the batter.
- Empty batter into the 2 arranged containers. You can include some additional blueberries on top, this is optional.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for around 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle tells the truth.
- When the cake is baked, take it out from the oven and move onto a wire rack to cool totally.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- While the cake is in the oven, make the icing. Beat together cream cheese and butter till smooth and velvety.
- Include powdered sugar, ½ cup at once and blending well after every addition.
- Pour lemon juice, lemon extract and lemon zest and blend well till everything is joined and icing is smooth.
- You may include one or two tsp of heavy cream or milk if the frosting isn’t spreadable.
Assemble the Cake
- When the cake layers have totally chilled off, place one of the layers on your turntable and apply icing on top so that it covers the cake completely.
- Place the other cake layer on top and some icing on top.
- Spread the cake with icing on all sides.
- Decorate the cake with fresh blueberries, lemon slices and your cake is ready to serve!
So, that was the complete recipe to bake a yummilicious and eggless Blueberry Lemon cake. Try baking this cake at home, and your dear ones are surely going to love this flawless beauty. It is a healthy cake as well, and your health-conscious loved ones will also admire this cake. If you can’t bake the cake, you can always order healthy and luscious cakes in Delhi, Chennai, Gurgaon, Pune, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, or in any other city from an online bakery. Happy eating! Happy baking!