It might be saving the energy bills, elevated styles, protection from the Sun, enhancing the value of the home, etc, the window treatment becomes much necessary. In this case, you can take options between two factors, window blinds, and plantation shutters.
Both of these might be the best option, but should be based on certain factors. Here is a detailed comparison based on the window blinds and plantation shutters. Continue reading to gain more ideas on choosing the right one.
What are Window Blinds?
Window blinds are the window coverings that will help in enhancing the overall look of the room. Most importantly is a great factor to control privacy, sunlight, brightness, air circulation in the room. There are different types of blinds that you can choose in.
Types of Window Blinds
- Vertical blinds
- Venetian blinds
- Mini blinds
- Micro blinds
- Panel blinds
- Pleated shades
- Cellular shades
- Roman shades
- Roller shades
- Tie-up shades
- Solar shades
- Outdoor roller blinds
- Skylight shades
- Smart blinds
Benefits of Window Blinds
- The blinds will cover the huge portion of the window and it can be changed based on the needs. So, the gap can be customized and it will help in bringing enough light into the room
- Generally, the blinds are available with different colors, styles, and patterns and so you can choose the best one the available from the huge list
- Blinds are manufactured by different materials and so you can choose between the best materials
- Blinds will help you to have complete privacy and so you need not worry about having a private time or discuss confidential business activities
- Blinds offer ease of maintaining options
Disadvantages of Window Blinds
- When you are looking for the traditional and classic homes, it is not possible to achieve with the window blinds
- There are different materials and styles with the window blinds. So, when you are choosing something complicated, cleaning becomes harder
- Based on the material, design and several other things you are choosing, the cost might become high
What are Plantation Shutters?
These are the solid and stable window shutters that will usually contain frames and it will have both the horizontal rails and vertical stiles. Set within these frames can be fabric, solid panels, louvers, glass and any other things that are possible to be mounted within the frame.
Different Types of Plantation Shutters
- Vinyl plantation shutter: When you are looking for the common type of shutter that is least in expenses, it could be a great choice. These shutters will be made of PVC or aluminum. So, it offers great resistance to weather, especially in the moist contents.
- Composite plantation shutter: these are made of engineered woods and it is also called as fake wood or humidity resistant.
- Wood plantation shutter: if you are looking for the rustic and classic look for your home, this could be the recommended choice. Further, you can paint and customize based on your needs.
Benefits of Plantation Shutters
- Versatility: these can be more suitable for small portholes to massive bay windows and fit to the needs of the different size and shape of the window
- A touch of style: You can choose the right shutter that will absolutely match with the style of your home and your needs. This will give an elegant look for the entire home.
- Temperature control: you can choose the shutters based on the needs of the temperature in the home. If it is summer, you can open to get some air and on winter days you can shut down to stay at the right temperature.
- Cost-saving from different things: you need not employ different things for making yourselves comfortable in the home. Just spend on shutters and it will help you with different aspects.
- Privacy: you can make enough changes in the shutter based on the necessity of the privacy in the room
Disadvantages of the Plantation Shutters
- Cleaning: When you have chosen a shutter for the window, the cleaning is not so easy. You need to maintain and clean regularly to get the right benefits of the shutters.
- Cost of shutters: When you need to buy the best shutter that will fulfill all the needs, you need to spend more on it.
Comparison: Window Blinds Vs Plantations Shutters
So, both the blinds and the plantations shutters have their own advantages and disadvantages. The features of it are amazing from its own perspective. Thus it clearly shows that both are an excellent choice for your doors.
When it is the small room, you can use window blinds and for the big rooms, the plantation shutter might be more suitable. So, make sure you are considering all the aspects and going through the necessary things about blinds Vs shutters. This will help you to make the best selection for the window treatment.