Did you know that psychology is the third most popular college major across the world. The study of psychology provides you with an in-depth insight into the workings of human mind and allows you to understand your and others’ behaviors and motivations better.
Picking psychology as your career path can help you make a difference in others’ lives and add value to human society. Before you rush off to research appropriate psychology courses in Dublin, reading this blog can provide you with a helpful starting point for your college and career research.
Why should you think of picking psychology as a career path?
Unlike popular opinion, studying psychology does not restrict you to only that field. A degree in the subject can also lay the groundwork for a successful career in many other disciplines and give you important transferable skills like analytical ability.
Here are the top advantages of choosing psychology as your career.
- You will gain important academic and professional abilities like excellent research skills.
- You’ll be able to learn and introspect about yourself and others.
- You will gain powerful soft skills such as empathy and good listening abilities
- You can improve your conflict resolution and communication skills
What kind of career prospects can you look forward to as a psychology graduate?
As a psychology graduate, you can look forward to plenty of career prospects which include options like:
- Career counsellor
- Occupational psychologist
- Health psychologist
- Human resource manager
- School counsellor
- Social worker
- Professional therapist
- Life coach
Why should you look for appropriate psychology courses in Ireland?
The value of your psychology degree can increase multi-fold if you pursue it from a decent university in a developed country. Ireland offers many important benefits to aspiring psychologists that they might not get in other countries.
These advantages include:
- Excellent academic standards in Irish colleges
- Ability to earn well as an international student
- Reasonable cost of living and high living standards
- Largest number of native English speakers in the world
- Plethora of work opportunities after graduation
- Ability to visit other member countries of the EU on an Irish student visa
What are the best colleges to study psychology in Ireland?
Psychology is a popular programme offering that you would find in most Irish universities and colleges. However, pursuing the programme from a renowned university can enhance your career prospects and give you a good boost.
Here are the top colleges that offer good psychology programmes in Ireland.
- Trinity College Dublin
- IBAT College Dublin
- University of Limerick
- Dublin City University
- University College of Dublin
- National University of Ireland Galway
- University College of Cork
Choosing any of these colleges can ensure you receive top-notch training to be a qualified psychologist in a short time. Start checking the entry criteria of these Irish colleges from today to establish a successful career in psychology.